Saturday, October 2, 2010

I don't know if this is a good thing or not....

So while I was going through my hall closet I came upon the first outfit I ever made all by myself on the sewing machine with a family friend helping me along the way. But most of it was done all by me!  Sure I had made little bags and what not, but a whole outfit? It was in sixth grade and I felt so proud of myself, I used a pattern and everything! It was Simplicity pattern 8735 view B bodice and skirt and view A sleeves. It is purple brocade like fabric with ivory trim an ivory/gold inset for the underskirt and shear sleeves with some matching purple gauntlets, which are MIA at the moment. I wanted the sleeves the same as the inset, but had misplaced the fabric. 

Dress on me now and it is really not as low cut as it looks in the picture









So to tie it in with the title of the post, I don't know if it's a good thing or not that the dress I made when I was 12 still fits me ten years later. Sure its a tiny bit snug in the bodice, but other than that I haven't really changed height or width wise since 6th grade. 


As you can see I had a bit of fun editing the photo as well. Well, I also had fun with a practice tutu so here are those pictures as well, though they aren't technical at all. And one of my nut of a cat who looks so nice and innocent when she sleeps, but really she's not.



She looks so innocent and adorable....Don't be fooled, she's really a little terror


No comments:

Post a Comment