Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Project 333

Have any of you heard of Project 333? It sounds pretty interesting and I'm going to try an abridged version of it starting on January 1st for the entirety of the month (maybe longer). The idea is that for three months your wardrobe is limited to 33 items. Here are the basics taken from the Project 333 getting started page.



When: Every three months
What: 33 items including clothing accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes
What not: these items are not counted as part of the 33 items- wedding rings or another sentimental piece of jewelry that you never take off, underwear, sleep wear, in-home lounge wear, and workout clothing (you can only wear workout clothing to work out)
How: Choose your 33 items, box up the remainder of your fashion statement, seal it with tape and put it out of sight.
What else: consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. Remember that this is not a project in suffering. If your clothes don't fit or are in poor condition, replace them.

Here is my list as of right now, though it may change and if it does, I will update it. I'm planning on taking a picture of my outfit everyday for the month and posting a slideshow of it in the end. When I have a chance before January I'm going to pull out all the items and get a photo of them. I am allowing myself the possibility that if I am finding that there is something that I never wear and there is something that I find out that I am needing that I can switch them out. I'm also not counting my two work shirts because, as they have the logos on them, they can really only be worn to work.

1.     Shirt- Black spaghetti strap
2.    Shirt- Light blue spaghetti strap
3.    Shirt- White spaghetti strap
4.    Shirt- White button up
5.    Shirt- Maroon short sleeved shirt
6.    Shirt- Pink 'Walk' short sleeved shirt
7.    Shirt- Blue long sleeved shirt
8.    Shirt- Green long sleeved shirt
9.    Dress- Black/floral print dress
10. Dress- Purple knit dress
11.  Dress- Black infinity dress (if I get around to finding/making one)
12. Dress- Blue knit dress
13. Skirt- Pink/yellow silk wrap skirt
14.  Skirt- Blue/purple/green print long silk skirt
15. Pants- Jeans
16. Pants- Denim shorts
17. Pants- Denim capris
18. Pants- Grey sweatpants
19. Pants- Black dress pants
20. Pants- Black leggings
21. Shoes- Tennis shoes
22. Shoes- Leopard print flats
23. Shoes- Print lace-ups
24. Shoes- Flip flops
25. Shoes- winter boots
26. Bag- cream grocery bag
27. Neutral purse
28. Tan striped scarf
29. Grey wrap ballet sweater
30. Blue-grey winter coat
31. Black sweater
32.  Jewelry- Silver earrings
33.  Jewelry- Pearl-like necklace



No comments:

Post a Comment