Saturday, March 3, 2012

1912 Titanic Sewing Project


Have you heard about Janyce over at the Vintage Project Lending Library's (VPLL) 1912 Titanic Sewing Project? The basis is that April 15, 2012 marks the 100th anniversary of the Titanic's sinking. And the VPLL is taking the patterns from the La Mode Illustree and transcribing the patterns, graphic and information and having an army of seamstresses stick their way through the fashion journal. Now these patterns are a far cry from what most of us are used to. To be frank, they are going to be vague. I'm hoping that having worked with vintage patterns like this before will make it an easier project. And what can I say, my inner nerd is super excited about starting.

So pretty much this boils down to making a pattern a month for the rest of the year and tracking my progress on my blog. I'm looking forward to sharing the journey and the finished projects with all of you! Stay tuned!

*When I say an army of seamstresses, I mean an army- there are over 400 who have signed up for the project!

No comments:

Post a Comment