Tuesday, November 1, 2011

To Mod Podge or not to Mod Podge





I have got some massive, not size-wise massive, but you know like massively time consuming, projects going on at the moment and a large chunk of them need Mod Podge or some sort of decoupage goop.  Ugh, Mod podge-we have a love/hate relationship. And don't get me wrong, because I really do love Mod Podge, but I just don't like the price. I was going to grudgingly go and grab some at the store the other day until I stumbled across this: Homemade Mod Podge. And the inner crafty me demanded that we had to try it right then and there!


A little sneak peak of things to come
Ok, so I didn't really try it 'right then and there' because I was hanging out at my brother's place doing laundry and making mac and cheese using almond milk (it is different) with an unsurprising lack of crafty goodies around me. Sure I had water and a container and ribbon that wouldn't help at all, but I lacked the glue aspect. But I did try it a couple of hours later. And this stuff rocks! Seriously, it does an amazing job and if I didn't know better I would think I had dumped my Mod Podge into a random container for who knows what reason (and it wouldn't surprise me at all if I did one day). Instead of the 1:1 ratio I did end up doing a 2 part glue to 1 part water ratio, to the best of my eye-balling measuring skills. Tell me if you can tell which one of these is Mod Podge and which is the Mod Podge wanna-be






Can you? Are you sure about it? Really? Did you pick the one on the right? Well, then you guessed right and I am massively impressed by your skills. The only reason I can tell the difference is because I wrote on the back Mod Podge one.


And I have to say a big thank you to Bridget over at Babblings and More for sharing the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment