Saturday, October 30, 2010

Crab Rangoon Part 2

So this time around I decided to try adding some say sauce into my mixture and figured that I should probably sort of, but not really follow a recipe. Mind you I'm not gong to be making 48 rangoons during a test so I scaled it down with a few grumbles resulting from trying to do math in my head while converting between teaspoons and tablespoons. I ended up doing the conversions online. I also have read that spraying them with cooking oil will help get them golden brown and keep the ends from getting too crispy.



Grrrrr, still very crispy edges
 The innards of this batch was getting closer to what I want, but still not quite there. Part three will be using some worcestershire sauce in place of the say sauce. Here is the filling recipe from today:


5 1/2 tbsp softened cream cheese
3 tbsp imitation crab meat chopped up
1 1/2 tsp soy sauce

Mix together. Put a small spoonful in the middle of wonton wrapper. Seal wrappers and spray with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.


I also got more ribbon today! Be prepared for more bows.

Solid grab bag from The Ribbon Retreat in comparison to Tangie. She then tried to burrow in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment