Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Easy Lunch

Three days of lunches from a convention worked the past three days. Each one took no longer than 10 minutes to prepare.

Dip was in the small container

I also had an apple and I got a small pizza at the convention as well.
If you are looking to make lunches quickly and love rice, grilled rice balls are a great and easy thing to make. You do have to spend one day making them all and grilling them, but you can freeze them and pop them in the microwave before packing them in your lunch. I think it took me about an hour to make 18 of them and most of that was spent cooking the rice at the beginning. And they are yummy! If anyone wants the recipe just let me know.



On another note, I also went to a Get Started meeting for the 3-day and learned a lot about all of it, but what really got me was the video they showed. One man was walking in memory of his wife and at the beginning of one of the days he saw the 'My Wife' banner, picked it up and carried it for the 19 miles that day. He said that others would ask him if he needed help and his reply to them was, 'No, I'm carrying my wife.'

I have thought about doing the walk for a few years and decided that this was the year. Not only do I want to be able to say I did it, but the statistics for breast cancer make me want to do it even more. As they said tonight, 'we walk until we no longer have to walk'. Here are some of the statistics that we heard:

- 1 in 4 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer
- During the course of the 90 minute meeting we had 30 people will have been diagnosed
- The majority of women with breast cancer have no significant family history or other known risk factors
- Somewhere in the world a women dies of breast cancer every 69 seconds

No comments:

Post a Comment