Friday, December 24, 2010

Long Hair

I have hit the point where the longest parts of my my hair are waist length (and I'm going by my natural waist) and I love it. Four years ago I donated over a foot to Wigs for Kids and it was insanely short to me. My hair was barely brushing chin length. Now my goal is to see how long it will grow before it decides to stop cause yes, that does happen, it's called terminal length. Somehow I don't have a picture of  my hair down now, but I'll take one later and edit this post. Edited to add current length picture.


Where my shirt is pulling in and there is a black line, it is a ribbon that is tied at my natural waist so you can get a reference point for my hair's length



Anyways, the one little gripe I have about having long hair is that it tends to try to strangle me when I sleep. So I've had to start getting creative because how sad would it be to have an official cause of death be listed as strangulation by hair while sleeping? I do french braid it often to keep it up and out of the way, but there are nights that I am just too dang tired to even think about trying to braid it. I've recently taken to using hair pins and pinning up in a sort of spiral-ish pattern like the picture below. With the hair pins they luckily haven't been digging into my scalp, though it isn't the best for your hair to sleep with them in. If I decided to fancy it up a bit I will do the bandana curls (from a prior post) or rag curls to sleep in.

After a night of sleep and a day of babysitting
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment