Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The trouble with batteries

Is that they like to die. The even bigger trouble with batteries is that car use them. Meh. So instead of running to the store to get the materials you need to work on holiday gifts, you end up being stuck at home waiting for AAA to come. Some how I don't think I will be making it to the store tonight, how sad. So instead you get to see the many different projects in the works and the new books that I got.

Books!
If any of you are into costuming I highly, HIGHLY suggest the book on the left, Nineteenth-Century Fashion in Detail. It has amazing pictures of garments from the Victoria and Albert Museum and sketches of the entire garment with descriptions on every page. The textiles in the 19th century were amazing and I am seriously beginning to think I was born in the wrong time period. The Macarons book, I'm planning on tackling and attempting to make some this coming week when I invade my brother's place to use his oven. There will be some pictures and notes from the attempt. Finally, the cupcake book it just adorable!


Modular origami pieces and fabric for a bags

I'm out of glue AND thread at the moment since someone decided that my thread spools were toys and managed to put them in her water bowl. Not to point any fingers or anything, Tangie....The fabric is from Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane collection and is for a few little clutch type bags for my friend and possibly a little wallet with the leftover scraps. Or depending on what I feel like I might just make a wallet and a larger bag. We'll see what the fabric wants me to do when I get thread. Does that happen to anyone else? You think you know what you want to do with a certain fabric, but when you finally get to it it wants to be something else? Maybe it's just me...

Either late or absurdly early for Halloween
I'm going to go with absurdly early for next year. These wonderful little squares are slated to be split up into two different Halloween bags for my little sister and one of my cousins. There are two squares of each print, originally of 50 pints, but I snagged two sets for some bows. I haven't decided whether I'm going to split up the sets or keep them together. Luckily my little sis's doesn't have to be done until the end of January and my cousin and I are exchanging gifts in mid-January when we see each other so I have a bit of time left on these two.

1 comment:

  1. ugh, that stinks about the battery, however yay for halloween goodies. in my opinion, it is NEVER to early...although i'm not a rather impartial person on that topic. have a good one!

    ReplyDelete