Thursday, January 20, 2011


I finished! Instead of watching bad movies on Netflix, I noticed that Ghost Whisperer was on and decided to watch that instead. I think this took me around two hours total, but there was some waiting for glue to dry, making sure the cookies in the oven didn't burn, getting rice cooking and a few other distractions along the way. But it is done! And Tangie took a bite out of it, but it was fixable as well! 

The biggest challenge that I ran into while working was that some of the pages were so darn fragile! But I guess you can't expect too much from a falling apart book that was printed in 1844. Yep, 1844. It is one old book. My apologies to anyone who is offended by reusing a book that is already damaged beyond repair and yes, I do know some people who are offended by stuff like this. Seriously though, if I tried to fold some of the 2 inch by 2 inch squares it just fell to pieces. Lucky for me, I cut some extra squares so all was good. I think I am going to use the two ribbon tails to tie a bow at the bottom.

And because I just can't leave you with a single picture, or rather the only one that came out halfway descent (thank you rainy weather), here is a picture of my stays mockup.

I am going to need to take the side seams in a tiny bit from the front piece so I get a gap between center front because it meets and you need the gap to get the lift/shelf effect of the time period. But that's easy and I might wait until after I cut the fashion fabric and get the lining together because it might just be that the mockup fabric stretched some.

1 comment:

  1. wow, that paper art is so neat! i really think it's awesome that you can do that!