- Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.
- The average life span of a major league baseball is seven pitches.
- Everyone has a unique tongue print.
- Bruce Lee's movements were so fast in movies that they actually had to slow the slim speed down so the movements could be seen.
- The mask used by Michael Meyers in the original Halloween movie was actually a Captain Kirk mask painted white.
- The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified kosher.
- The liquid inside of young coconuts can be used as a substitute for blood plasma.
- A dime has 118 ridges around its edge.
- A polar bear's fur is not white, it is clear.
- A few signatures of William Shakespeare's survive however none of the spellings are 'William Shakespeare'.
- The horse of many colors in "The Wizard of OZ" was colored with JELL-O crystals. The scenes had to be shot quickly because the horse would lick the crystals off.
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Through out the year, well, rather just about everyday there is some odd holiday such as World Penguin Day, Emma M Nutt Day (first woman telephone operator), Middle Child's Day and many, many more. Some days even have multiple holidays. January 4th is Trivia Day, so in honor of it here is some odd/useless trivia: