A couple of nights ago was night two of working on the project and I really am starting to think I'm slightly masochistic when it comes to my sewing projects because I spent about three hours on a small piece of the project, mind you there were a few cursing breaks when I managed to iron my fingers or just get them a little too close to the steam. I am determined to have this project finished in the next week so that I can wear it once to make sure there are no issues before packing it to take to Florida! In the mean time since all other projects have been put slightly on hold, I leave you with some pictures.
So I learned a new way of braiding today and have decided to keep the pieces the way that they are after much though about redoing them. However I had no way of figuring how much initial length I needed for each strand and how long the finished result would be due to the initial length so this one is too short for the strap. By about an inch. So more time at the iron soon!
|Close up with funky coloring|